Lost in LA
Yes, this is a highly memorable line from one of my favorite movies.***
That said, it also seems to perfectly sum up my weekend in LA. Holiday bling was in full effect -- from cars, to interesting outfits, to shiny, happy people. We saw and experienced it all. Our great weekend was augmented by temperatures in the mid 80s!
* A visit to Google Santa Monica (another growing engineering office)
* The newly remodeled Viceroy Hotel (the bar scene in the poolside cabanas is quite entertaining)
* Dinner at Justin's restaurant, Chi (on the ever-to-entertaining Sunset Blvd.). We even saw a near fight break out adjacent to the fire pit on the patio...
* Productive shopping trips to Fred Segal, Robertson Blvd., and the greater Rodeo Dr. area (sadly, no stars spotted)
* Another nice dinner at Bistro 310 in Santa Monica (great live jazz trio, changing mood lights)
* A rare sighting of a McLaren SLR (photo taken by LB while we were driving...how appropriate: a "surgical plaza" as backdrop to this image!)
'Twas a fun weekend getaway... but always good to be back home in NorCal.
*** Detailed translation... (this is a riot!)